Activities For You and Your Pup While Practicing Social Distancing
Staying at home lately has not been everyone’s favorite pastime, but our dogs are loving it! Extra cuddles, walks, and play time is just what social distancing has in store for our furry friends.
Maybe you’ve walked around the block more times than you can count, but we have got a list of other activities you can do for and with your pup!
Outdoor Activities With Your Dog:
- Backyard Treasure Hunt! One of the most used senses of a dog is their smell! Dogs’ noses can pick up smells way better than us humans! A great way to play with their natural instincts is with a treasure hunt. Scatter food, or healthy treats, in your backyard and just watch your pup have a hay-day!
- Go for a hike! Get outside for a few hours with some fresh scenery, and new smells! Hiking with your dog provides good exercise, a peaceful environment, and an opportunity to tighten your bond.
- Long walks! Go a little further than just a lap or two around the block. Take your pup on a new route everyday for your walks together and explore your local area!
Inside Activities With Your Dog:
- Make your own treats! Spend some time in your kitchen baking homemade treats for your furry friend. There are plenty of easy recipes on Pinterest, that usually involve peanut butter and applesauce! Or if you are looking for human foods that are good for your pup as well click here.
- Scavenger hunt! Try hiding treats throughout your house for your dog to find and keep them occupied for a period of time. Just make sure not to hide anything in your couch cushions, unless you were planning on getting a new one anyway.
- Stairway/Hallway fetch! Throw your pup’s favorite ball up the stairs or down a hallway to give them some exercise. This will also help get some of their energy out so your furry friend keeps from getting stir crazy!
- Extra snuggles! Social distancing and quarantine is perfect for getting some extra snuggle time with your best friend. There’s no such thing as too many snuggles!
These are only a few activities you and your dog can do together. Be sure to get creative and have fun!
For those of you who still go in to work (or even if you just want to go adventure on your own), Shaggy Shack is still open for daycare services, click here to find out more.
We hope you all stay safe and healthy out there, and be sure to give your pup some extra love while we have the time to do it!