Archive for December, 2020
New Year’s Eve is a time for joy, friendship, and celebration, but can also be a stressful time for your pet. With certain things like fireworks, sparklers, and even alcohol, we need to be sure we take our pets into consideration.
Below we have a quick list of helpful hints and tricks to help keep your pet happy while you enjoy your own celebration.
Helpful Hints To Prepare Your Pet For the Evening’s Festivities:
- Make sure your pup gets enough physical activity during the day! Spot will be worn out, and more likely to be calm for the evening. Plus you get to spend some good quality time together!
- Prepare a spot that is strictly for them. Giving your pet their own “safe space” to turn to if their environment is sensory overload is important.
- If you do plan on using fireworks or sparklers, be sure to store them out of the reach of your pets. Also, when you do use them keep cats and dogs indoors.
- Even if your pets are indoors only, make sure they have up-to-date tags and even a microchip. Dogs and cats can get very scared on New Year’s Eve and are more likely to get loose.
- If you plan on being away from home New Year’s Eve consider boarding your pet for the night. Your home will be safe from any nervous chewing, or any other unnecessary mess. For more information about boarding for New Year’s Eve click here.
Bonus! Fun New Year’s Eve Activities With Your Pet:
- Dress up! And dress little Fido up with you! Get cute outfits for you and your pet to wear and celebrate the new year together! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @shaggyshackpetresort
- Bake some fun dog treats for your pup to enjoy New Year’s Eve. Click here for some recipes!
Everyone here at Shaggy Shack Pet Resort wishes you and your furry friends a very Happy New Year!