Archive for November, 2020
Thanksgiving At Home With Your Dog
With Covid numbers spiking, Thanksgiving this year is going to be a little different for everyone, including your dog.
Although, little Fido probably won’t mind having you home all to themselves this year! It may be hard for you to find some fun ways to celebrate this holiday at home with your pup, and we are here to help!
Below is a list of some fun things you can for
Thanksgiving at home with your dog:
- Bake pumpkin treats for your dog! Pumpkin is actually good for your dog, and baking them a special treat will be enjoyable for both of you! Click here for a great recipe for peanut butter and pumpkin dog treats!!
- Make a special “puppy plate” for your pal so you both can enjoy a thanksgiving feast together! Just be sure not to give them anything that could be toxic to them.
- Go for a walk! Be sure to get outside and get both your bodies moving before eating all that comfort food and slipping into a Thanksgiving food coma.
If you do decide to venture out for Thanksgiving, consider if it will be the best place for your pet.
- If you are travelling somewhere that will have other dogs, consider leaving your pup at home, or boarding them for the evening. Other dogs can be aggressive in their own home with lots of commotion and food going around. Not sure where to look? Click here for more info.
- When bringing your pet into someone else’s home make sure to check on your dog frequently and give them lots of snuggles to help put them at ease.
- People coming to your place? Have a special quiet area set up for your pet to go when they feel overwhelmed.
The most important thing to do is have fun and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your pet!! We wish all you turkeys out there a very Happy Thanksgiving!